|Flt Lt Luke Dale|
Open to all members of the RAFGSA, RNGSA & AGA
The mission is to execute a mountain gliding expedition to Sisteron, French Alps. Aims of the Expedition are to:
- Develop the leadership and personal qualities of expedition personnel.
- Provide advanced flying training and instruction for glider pilots, including those inexperienced in mountain gliding, in the challenging conditions encountered in the Alps.
- Extend the knowledge and experience gained by pilots on previous mountain flying expeditions.
- Train mountain-experienced RAFGSA instructors to allow the safe and effective supervision and running of future Service mountain gliding expeditions.
- Raise the standards of airmanship and flying skills to further contribute to flight safety across the RAFGSA and the RAF.
- To provide an opportunity for pilots to gain advanced awards as laid down by the Federation Aeronautique Internationale (FAI).
- To allow suitably qualified pilots to address the UK 2-Seater records, if conditions permit, in terms of height, speed and cross-country distances.
- Duo Discus x 6
- Discus 2CT
• Approx £250 per week excluding flying (this covers accomm / glider hire / other ancillary costs)
• Individual flying bills will depend on the amount of flying undertaken. Typical aerotow cost is £60. There will be no soaring fees. Aerotow bills will be split 70/30% between student and instructor unless otherwise agreed.
• A typical flying bill after 2 weeks will be in the region of £500.
Final figure will depend on how much flying you do! On average, pilots can expect to gain 35 flying hours during the exped.