Apr 14 2018
|Flt Lt Luke Dale|
04200 Vaumeilh, France
Open to all members of the RAFGSA, RNGSA & AGA
Aims of the Expedition are to:
- Develop the leadership and personal qualities of expedition personnel.
- Provide advanced flying training and instruction for glider pilots, including those inexperienced in mountain gliding, in the challenging conditions encountered in the Alps.
- Extend the knowledge and experience gained by pilots on previous mountain flying expeditions.
- Train mountain-experienced RAFGSA instructors to allow the safe and effective supervision and running of future Service mountain gliding expeditions.
- Raise the standards of airmanship and flying skills to further contribute to flight safety across the RAFGSA and the RAF.
- To provide an opportunity for pilots to gain advanced awards as laid down by the Federation Aeronautique Internationale (FAI).
- To allow suitably qualified pilots to address the UK 2-Seater records, if conditions permit, in terms of height, speed and cross-country distances.
- Duo Discus x 5
- Discus 2CT
- Ventus 2CT
- DG505 (Possibly)
- ASK-21 (Possibly)
Total personal contribution is expected to be £400-500*
*Final figure will depend on how much flying you do!
On average, pilots can expect to gain 35 flying hours during the exped.